Guitar Hero

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Antropov
stormshadow

Re: Guitar Hero

Post by Antropov »

Between "Rock Band: Beatles" and "Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits", I may now be forced to finally breakdown and buy a PS3. :|
:grillmarks:
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Okay, what the fuck is the point of Mii Freestyle? There's a score posted, but I'm not sure how to earn points. The instructions are practically nonexistent, and a web search is finding mostly press releases from before the game came out.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

Antropov wrote:Between "Rock Band: Beatles" and "Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits", I may now be forced to finally breakdown and buy a PS3. :|
I hear ya. I'm already planning on buying a PS3 when we get back from summer cruise.
Sweet berry wine!
Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Beatles rock on in video game!

Post by Newsbot »

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- They've revolutionized music for nearly five decades. Now, some of the Beatles songs are about to hit video-game consoles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr came together Monday at Microsoft's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) presentation at the University of Southern California's Galen Center to help promote "The Beatles: Rock Band" video game. E3 is a video-game and entertainment conference in Los Angeles.

The two surviving members of the Fab Four walked on stage to "All You Need Is Love" and McCartney even showed-off a little air guitar (or bass) before speaking.

"We love the game, it's fantastic," said McCartney. "Whoever thought we'd end up like androids?"

"Well, the game is good, the graphics are very good, and we were great," Starr told the audience. Watch McCartney and Starr unveil "The Beatles: Rock Band"

"The Beatles: Rock Band" was developed by Harmonix and published by MTV Games. The interactive title allows gamers to perform as John, Paul, George or Ringo, beginning from their early days in Liverpool through their final gig on a roof top. Gamers will also be taken behind the scenes into the recording studio.

"I Saw Her Standing There," "Day Tripper," "I Am The Walrus" and "Back In The U.S.S.R." are just a few of the songs playable in the game, which hits stores September 9.

"The Beatles: Rock Band" will be available on Microsoft's Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3 and the Nintendo Wii. Already footage has leaked to the internet of the final round--the so-called "Dream Match, where Paul, Ringo, and George beat the shit out of Yoko Ono while John cries like a pussy.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
anarky

Re: Beatles rock on in video game!

Post by anarky »

I found Ono's official statement about this game on her blog:
HIHIHIHIEEEEEEEEE OOOO HEEEEEEEE HEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAHH EEEEEEEEEEEE HIIIIIIIIIEEEEE--
There was more, but it blew out my speakers.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

I can't wait to buy a PS3 and play this game.
Sweet berry wine!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

I can't wait to never play this game.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

I can't justify getting any new game consoles for this, but a friend said he'll definitely get it, so I'll be sure to check it out. It looks sweet.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Buy Guitar Hero 5 in September, get Guitar Hero Van Halen free. No shit. I think I won't wait until next year, after all.

I plan to get Smash Hits when it drops in price (which will probably be relatively soon, with two more GH's and two spinoffs due by the end of the year, especially with a lot of folks complaining it was a full-priced release), and might get Band Hero (which looks like the pop version... "ABC" by the Jackson 5 and "Just a Girl" by No Doubt are really tempting me).
anarky

Post by anarky »

Comes out on my birthday. I'm crossing my fingers some family member puts two and two together.
Zaphod
knightrider
Location: CHESTER A. ARTHUR'S WIFE'S VAGINA... WITH THE VINEGAR, BABY!

Post by Zaphod »

my neighbor's niece came to visit, and my neighbor had an emergency and asked me to watch her. she's something like 16. she asked if i had guitar hero. i said i had a similar game called "fuck hero." she thought that was cool, so i put an old mortal kombat game in and handed her a cucumber and said she had to perform various acts on it for different levels. she was not bright and thought masterbating with the cucumber was controlling rayden on the screen. then i told her she'd almost won, but needed to use a special controller that had a faster response time, and that i kept it in my pants. a gentleman does not talk about sex so i'll not tell you i fucked her until my neighbor came back.

thank god for stupid girls who look sorta like rihanna except mexican and a little bit chunky.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Zaphod, you're either insanely funny or really offensive in any given post. This one wasn't insanely funny.

Heads-up: Guitar Hero 5 not only comes with the free Van Halen mail-away offer (provided you buy it by the end of the month), but there's a coupon in the box for $5 off GH World Tour, GH: Metallica, GH: Smash Hits, GH: Van Halen (useless unless you buy it after 9/30), or Band Hero, which is good through the end of March. Looks like they recognized they're in serious danger of oversaturating the market with these pricey games and are offering another reason to get them before they drop to $20. (Methinks I'll wait either until TRU does a "buy one, get one half-off" sale and get Smash Hits and Band Hero, or wait until after Christmas, when Smash Hits is sure to drop in price.)
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Sucks being broke.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I figgered it was worth springing for to get a 2-for-1 deal on the day of release. (And, judging from the wording on the redemption page, they'll start sending out Van Halen before it's available in stores.)

"Ring of Fire" isn't the original; it's a 1987 re-recording from a compilation called Classic Cash. It's the only time in the history of man that a greatest hits album was made with all re-recorded versions, but they were all at least as good as the originals, and, in some cases, better. It's not the familiar version, though, and it has more guitar and bass evident (rather than the heavy mariachi horns).

"Bring the Noise 20XX" sucks ass. The guitar part by Zakk Wylde is pretty decent, but hella slow compared to the real deal, and Public Enemy sounds like a bunch of old farts well past their prime. The song neuters two whole verses, preventing players from name-dropping Run-DMC and Sonny Bono.

Here's a comparison. First, the greatest rap-metal song ever, even including "Walk this Way" by Run-DMC and Aerosmith:

And, here, the inferior version on GH5 (and, warning, I can only find gameplay video of it, but from a few seconds of viewing, this particular dude seems to have the best playing skills of the videos up so far):
Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Nirvana members dismayed by 'Guitar Hero 5'!

Post by Newsbot »

LOS ANGELES – Kurt Cobain's appearance in the latest "Guitar Hero" video game is not hitting the right notes with the surviving members of Nirvana.

ADVERTISEMENT

Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl said in a joint statement Thursday that they were "dismayed and very disappointed" that an avatar of the late Nirvana frontman could be used to play songs by other artists.

"While we were aware of Kurt's image being used with two Nirvana songs, we didn't know players have the ability to unlock the character," they said. "This feature allows the character to be used with any kind of song the player wants. We urge Activision to do the right thing in 're-locking' Kurt's character so that this won't continue in the future."

Cobain's widow, Courtney Love, had been lashing out on Twitter this week about her late husband's inclusion in the game, calling it vile and claiming she would sue Activision, the game's publisher. Love claimed she never approved Cobain's digital likeness, and that she thought the grunge rocker would despise the rhythm game "let alone this avatar."

Activision said in a statement Thursday that they secured the necessary licensing rights from the Cobain estate in a written agreement signed by Love to use the singer's likeness as a fully playable character in "Guitar Hero 5," which includes "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Lithium" among its 85 tracks that can be played with instrument-shaped controllers.

Other real-life rockers featured in the latest edition of the popular rhythm game franchise for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and Wii include Carlos Santana and Johnny Cash. Previous "Guitar Hero" editions have featured the likenesses of Jimi Hendrix, Billy Corgan, Ted Nugent, Sting, Ozzy Osbourne, Travis Barker and members of Aerosmith.

Given all the documentation on the matter, and that no one seemed to care until some weirdo fans who'd suck Cobain's decayed cock if given the chance, this reporter is calling bullshit on the lot of them. While we expect this sort of shit from the disgusting bag of pus that is Courtney Love and request once again that she shut her ass (which, in her case, is the same as her mouth) and crawl back under a Slicker's Mom, we are very disappointed in such ass-covering dishonesty by Dave Grohl. Shame, Mr. Grohl. You made your bed, now lie in it.

To the rest of you, the entire vynsane.com news staff urges you to recognize that Cobain was every bit the commercial asshole he pretended not to be, and not nearly as fucking good as you numbnuts seem to think, so shut the fuck up about him. Go buy an album by that supposed icon of worthlesss, commercialized cock rock, Boston, and listen to how much your precious little whiny pussy boy ripped off from it.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.