HUB

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: HUB

Post by Ran »

Diabolical wrote:.

He almost fucked a man once.
Was it Burt Ward?
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Diabolical wrote:Although it isn't mentioned in the book, since it was published 17 years ago, but these days Adam West is currently the Mayor of a city in Rhode Island.
He's also been in every TV incarnation of Batman:

1960s show (Batman)
Superfriends/spinoffs (Batman)
The Animated Series/DCAU (Grey Ghost)
The Batman (Mayor of Gotham)
Brave and the Bold (Thomas Wayne)

That's pretty kewl.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

After Renegades ended, I left the tv on the channel and ended up seeing some of that Transformers show. Zombie robots? Really? Something is screwy about Bulkhead(? the green Autobot). His robot modes seems too big compared to his vehicle mode and the other Autobots.

Those kids are frickin' annoying.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Both Louie the Lilac episodes air within the next week. IIRC, one is tonight at midnight.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Wow, that second Louie episode is fucking bad, even by Adam West standards.

Perpantor, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Dickweed.
Ran

Post by Ran »

You know, Catwoman was pretty hot.

I knew Snake eyes got in drag to escape Cobra, but I didn't know he also into breakdancing.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I didn't realize it, but Catwoman's sidekick, Pussycat, was one-hit wonder Lesley "It's My Party" Gore.

Julie Newmar may have easily been the hottest Catwoman, but she seemed rather uninterested in this latest two-parter. It would've been awesome to see Newmar's look and Kitt's performance in one Catwoman. Sorta almost like we got with Pfeiffer.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I prefer Tori Black as Catwoman.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Truth is, I would've liked to have seen Halle Berry as Catwoman in a movie that both didn't suck and had some connection to Batman. She's not only smoking hot, but a damn fine actress.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Watching Wednesday's GIJoe, the scientist working for Cobra is named "Dr. Lucifer."

With a name like that, no wonder he turned to evil. At least in the comic books, the doctors' last names weren't really Venom and Mindbender.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Rather than derailing the Daily Dose of Metal thread where anarky posted the Instruments of Destruction video...

I haven't seen the Transformers movie in a really long time. I have a VHS copy, but I'm not hooking up a VCR that may or may not work. The short video reminded me of a few things. I wasn't happy when Prowl got killed since he (along with Soundwave) was my first Transformer toy. And wasn't Hot Rod the douche that got Optimus Prime killed and yet somehow managed to take over as leader of the Autobots instead of Ultra Magnus?

I didn't see a whole lot of Transformers after the movie. A few years ago when I was deployed, I watched a couple episodes with a friend. They later episodes really seemed to be blatant commercials for the new toys. He had the show that introduced the head and target masters. Horrible.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Tonight's Batman ended with Batman and Robin saving Batgirl from freezing and drowning in a frozen tub of caviar. The moral was that crime fighting is probably best left to the men.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Interesting start to tonight's Batman. Bookworm has someone drop a book-bomb off in the Batmobile as it is parked in front of the Commissioner's office. The Bat Bomb Detector finds the bomb and they eject it before it explodes. Parts of the book are all over the place, one of which is a the clue from Bookworm. Batman picks it up, sniffs it, and says "it must be made of asbestos". The only thing that could have made it better is if the following break had that mesothelioma commercial.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Quadruple post.

Tried watching GI Joe tonight so I could come up with some more ideas about the characters. They have shown this particular episode several times, so I didn't watch it. It was that stupid episode where Shipwreck is brainwashed into thinking it is years later and he is married with a kid. Of course it is some ploy by Cobra and the parrot saves the day. So a plot by a dangerous terrorist organization can be taken down by a single bird.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Even as a kid, that struck me as a ridiculously elaborate scheme to get one bit of information. They had no one else to work on their waterborne explosive? So they build an entire fucking city, populated by fake Joes, and create this backstory for everyone, just hoping Shipwreck will tell his wife? Yeesh.