Anyone Picked Up Their Force Unleashed Yet?

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Anyone Picked Up Their Force Unleashed Yet?

Post by jjreason »

Not me. I got the call that it was in, but I'm going to an NFL game this weekend and am putting it off until next payday. You guys/gals?
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Re: Anyone Picked Up Their Force Unleashed Yet?

Post by Ran »

Not interested at all.

I'm thinking about buying NHL 2K9 for the Wii or maybe Mercinaries 2 for the PC instead. But, I'll probably put off buying another game for a while since I bought Madden for the Wii a few weeks ago and have barely played it.

I'm going to buy tickets to the Bills game when they play in Phoenix.
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

I picked it up. It's a good game, no doubt about it. It's great to finally have a next-gen Star Wars game. But it's too short a game to live up to the over two years of hype. I checked the level select screen and I'm already on the second-to-last level. Still, it's fun to toss stormtroopers around like rag dolls and electrocute the shit out of them. This does make up for "The Clone Wars", though.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Costco has it for $43.99.

If I want it before the inevitable price decrease, it will remain cheaper there.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Double_G wrote:I picked it up. It's a good game, no doubt about it. It's great to finally have a next-gen Star Wars game. But it's too short a game to live up to the over two years of hype. I checked the level select screen and I'm already on the second-to-last level. Still, it's fun to toss stormtroopers around like rag dolls and electrocute the shit out of them. This does make up for "The Clone Wars", though.
I liked the Clone Wars but I agree with everything else. And I'm playing the PS2 version so I can only imagine how awesome it must be on the "good" consoles.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

Senor JabbaJohnL wrote:I liked the Clone Wars but I agree with everything else. And I'm playing the PS2 version so I can only imagine how awesome it must be on the "good" consoles.
Actually, I heard that even though the PS2 version doesn't have the graphical capabilities that the next-gen versions do, it's still good because there's extra stuff on the PS2 (and Wii) version that isn't available on the other versions. In fact, the Wii version has been getting the more favorable reviews out of all the systems because of its innovative way of using the Wiimote in lightsaber combat.

I just beat the game tonight. There are two different endings depending on a choice you make. And remember the Unleashed Battle-Damaged Vader you were all complaining about? That figure is based on one of the most kickass parts of the game. And did I mention you pull a fucking Star Destroyer out of the air? When I saw that concept art, I thought it would just be a cutscene, but you actually do it in the game.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

I think the only added parts for the PS2 are three duels in the Jedi Temple - spirits/visions of Darth Desolous, Darth Phobos, and Kento Marek. Don't get me wrong - it's very fun and awesome, but it obviously doesn't have the capabilities of the next-gen platforms.

Also, as far as the cutscenes vs. game play . . . a lot of the time, especially at the end of the boss battles, it seems like you're watching a cinematic more than actually playing the game, when the buttons flash on the screen and you just push it to go along. I'd like to be doing more than pushing four buttons over the course of a minute, even though the effects are quite cool.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Senor JabbaJohnL wrote:Also, as far as the cutscenes vs. game play . . . a lot of the time, especially at the end of the boss battles, it seems like you're watching a cinematic more than actually playing the game, when the buttons flash on the screen and you just push it to go along. I'd like to be doing more than pushing four buttons over the course of a minute, even though the effects are quite cool.
Sounds a lot like God of War.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Diabolical wrote:
Senor JabbaJohnL wrote:Also, as far as the cutscenes vs. game play . . . a lot of the time, especially at the end of the boss battles, it seems like you're watching a cinematic more than actually playing the game, when the buttons flash on the screen and you just push it to go along. I'd like to be doing more than pushing four buttons over the course of a minute, even though the effects are quite cool.
Sounds a lot like God of War.
I haven't played that . . . so yeah, sure.

On the PS2 one, it seemed like the pull-a-Star-Destroyer-out-of-the-air thing was more of a cutscene than real gameplay. I think I only have one or two levels left (Vader just took the Rebels to the Emperor), and this story is really quite fucking awesome.

It was pretty weird to see Lobot talking, and I still don't like how there's Mandalorians all over the damn place.

Oh, but I NEED a Kleef figure. :lol:
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

Senor JabbaJohnL wrote:It was pretty weird to see Lobot talking, and I still don't like how there's Mandalorians all over the damn place.
See what I mean about the PS2? Lobot isn't even in the 360 version of the game.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Oh, I didn't know that. Well then, I guess I win. :D

I beat the game today. That ending was awesome. Too bad Hasbro fucked up the Battle Damaged Vader figure since that part was killer.
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

I don't play these video games.

Reason, what game are you going to ???

I went to 1 preseason game this year and I'll be going in another 2 weeks to a real game.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

BIlls/Raiders - going to Rich Stadium is a fucking hoot. 8)

I've got to stay out of this thread though, because I don't want to be reading this shit before I play the game for myself. :frus:
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I watched a friend play the demo. It was cool to hold Stormtroopers in front of passing TIE fighters and watch them explode. I will probably borrow this eventually and play it on XBoX360
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I picked it up today - couldn't wait any longer. I played the opening, right on up until the level that the demo was made out of starts - it was pretty cool. The graphics were just a tad under what I was expecting (Vader's gait was way too fast, the Star Destroyers didn't move properly in space, etc) so hopefully there'll be some neat-o stuff along the way that makes up for it.