Football

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Football

Post by Tom Foolery »

I’m glad those one-loss poseurs Texas and Bama lost.
My family is all from Michigan, but I’m rooting for the only undefeated team that got there honestly. Go Huskies.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

If the Bills win, they win the division and are the #2 seed in the AFC. If they lose, there is a possibility they miss the playoffs depending on how a few other games go. One of those scenarios involves the Steelers beating the Ravens. Baltimore already clinched, so they gain nothing by winning and might bench all of their starters. Nope, not stressful at all.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Ran wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:57 pm If the Bills win, they win the division and are the #2 seed in the AFC. If they lose, there is a possibility they miss the playoffs depending on how a few other games go. One of those scenarios involves the Steelers beating the Ravens. Baltimore already clinched, so they gain nothing by winning and might bench all of their starters. Nope, not stressful at all.
In short, root for the Titans, Ravens, and Bills.

And the Texans. Houston and Cleveland have also never been to the SuperBowl. As a Lions fan, I root for the fellow underdogs in solidarity.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Ran

Post by Ran »

Jaguars lose. Bills are in. That makes tonight a bit less stressful.

Lions win, but need to work on their pass defense.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I still think they can beat Miami. But, yeah, knowing you’re in regardless is big.

Not gonna make excuses for Detroit’s soft secondary. But if I WAS gonna make excuses, I’d mention Justin Jefferson. That guy is good. But I’m not. ‘Cause its been a problem for them for a long time.

I’ll be sad when Stafford and Puka knock them out next week.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Well, well, well. With the Rams win over the Niners, that call in the Cowboys game becomes even more problematic. :frus:

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Congrats on the Bills, Ran. As a fan, I'd be happy seeing Buffalo play KC again during the playoffs, but not if it meant they had to play in KC next week. Yuck. I think they'll be ok at home vs Pittsburgh.

I'm excited for the Stafford & Goff showdown - love when the sports gods give us these little nuggets.

The Eagles are in a spiral - I'm picking the Bucs to take them down at home.

Sat = Browns @ Texans & Dolphins @ Chiefs,

Sun = Packers @ Cowboys, Rams @ Lions & Steelers @ Bills,

Mon = Eagles @ Buccaneers.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

Woo! That punt return was awesome. That 5 game win streak earned them the #2 seed. 6 weeks ago, they were the #11 seed. The Dolphins had a 3 game lead over the Bills with 5 games left, which makes this win even better. I'm glad hey play Sunday because I'm not a fan of Monday night playoff games.

I didn't know how bad the Jacksonville collapse was. They were 8-3, then went 1-5 and missed the playoffs.

Falcons fired Arthur Smith. He was supposed to be some sort of offensive genius. Drafted Pitts, London, and Bijan Robinson in the first round and barely used them. I know this because I had Pitts on my fantasy team last year, and Robinson this year. I drafted Robinson with my 1st round pick and still managed to win my fantasy league this year.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Useless trivia....For the first time in NFL history, all 3 Lake Erie teams (Buffalo, Cleveland, and Detroit) have made the playoffs in the same year.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

jjreason wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:45 pm
The Eagles are in a spiral - I'm picking the Bucs to take them down at home.

Sat = Browns @ Texans
I’d like for both of these teams to advance, but I think the Browns defense can do more damage deeper into the playoffs against the Ravens, Chiefs, etc. Who Dey.
& Dolphins @ Chiefs,
Whereas, both these teams can go hang. I’ll root for the ‘fins because I know Buffalo can beat them again.
Sun = Packers @ Cowboys
I know we can beat the Cowboys as long as the refs aren’t incompetent twatholes, but I’d rather have the homefield advantage. Go Cheese. (And yes I realize that would also mean the Pack would have to also beat the Niners)
Rams @ Lions & Steelers @ Bills
Lions. Bills. Duh.
Mon = Eagles @ Buccaneers.
I love Mayfield’s ongoing comeback/underdog story, but I’m not sure it’s enough to beat Philly. I’ll root for the Bucs, but outcome is iffy on this one.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Michigan finally wins the playoff after 2 failed tries. Feels like Harbaugh can leave now if he likes - this win & resultant recruiting will set them up for 4 or 5 more good years. I expect at least 5 players from this year will declare for the draft in the next few days.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

National Champions*
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Welp so far I'm 0-1 for predictions. Houston looked like a Super Bowl contender vs Flacco, who looked too human today. Sorry for the long-suffering Browns fans as I know their hopes were up for this one. Dolphins & Chiefs winding down the first half as I type.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

And today we have all gas with 0 brakes in Detroit so far. Video game football at its finest. Lions carried the play, hopefully they'll prevail.

Oh, and the stupid Packers beat the stupid Cowboys to become the league's first #7 playoff seed to win a game.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

For Christmas, they gave me a Division.
For my birthday, they gave me a Playoff Win.

:cry: :D :cry: :D 8) 8)