Batman

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Batman

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

THE

INTERNET

IS FULL OF

"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

RETARDS.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

The guy could mean that Ledger had signed a two-picture deal, so the character was planned for Batman Begins 3.

Of course, your assessment is probably more accurate.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

So here is Mattel's Joker vs Custom Paint Job. This makes me not want to buy the retail version because it's so ghetto and amateur.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Hmmm.. haven't been in here in awhile. I ended up getting a Movie Joker only because there hadn't been any DCU or Legends in store for like six months. It's not a great figure ( see my above post with link) but it 's alright.

I got a Lobo at SDCC. That fucker rocks. He's fuckin' HUGE!

And my wave three order came in the mail last week. Deathstroke is fuckin' badass. I may be biased because he's my favorite villain ever, but he comes with four different accessories and the sculpt and paint were great. Nightwing comes with his batons and they actually fit in the little stirrups on his back, just like in the comic, so that was a cool touch. Hal Jordan and Sinestro looked nice. Robin's paint was a little fucked up and his neck looks a little stumpy to me, but I got him in a cool pose. And Solomon Grundy is fuckin' HUGE also.

Very nice assortment. I am liking these in the way I used to like Legends until Hasbro topedoed them in favor of their stupid little Star Wars sized toys. And from what I saw at SDCC the next three or four waves look great. Nice variety. I'm excited for the future of this toyline.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Ha ha! My wave four is waiting for me at home. Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Ares, Captain Atom, and Artemis. Still gotta find Batman Beyond so Despero isn't looking like an amputee.

I love these figures.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Anyone remember the exact name of the DC line (Marvel Legends-style) that came before this current one (from 2005-ish)?
It was the line that came with the comics and had the super pegwarmers Bane, Scarecrow, & Superman?

In hindsight I'd really like to get that Batman figure. With the exception of the big-ass pouches, it was badass...and never I picked up. The current one with the black and blue mask and short cape looks like it came from the 70's or 80's.

I picked up a Harley Quinn from the new line recently. She's awesome. Most of the other figures of the Batman family in this line also look pretty good. If I can track down that good Bats, I might grab some more of the new Bat-family.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Diabolical wrote:Anyone remember the exact name of the DC line (Marvel Legends-style) that came before this current one (from 2005-ish)?
It was the line that came with the comics and had the super pegwarmers Bane, Scarecrow, & Superman?

It's commonly refered to as DCSH (DC SuperHeroes).

Now that we are up to thirteen waves and several 2-packs and 5-packs, this line is the only ongoing collection that I look forward to anymore.

I just got the Trigon wave in the mail this week.
Robin
MTS in training

Post by Robin »

Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

With the advent of hyper-realistic looking racing games for the Xbox and PS3 splashing across your HDTV 50" plasmascreen in surround sound...do shitty little electric tracks from the 1950s still hold allure for kids?
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:With the advent of hyper-realistic looking racing games for the Xbox and PS3 splashing across your HDTV 50" plasmascreen in surround sound...do shitty little electric tracks from the 1950s still hold allure for kids?
that's not for kids, silly bastard.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Are you nuts, Rollo?

Every kid wants one, gets one for Christmas, puts it together, plays for five minutes, and says, "This sucks ass."
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

anarky wrote:Are you nuts, Rollo?

Every kid wants one, gets one for Christmas, puts it together, plays for five minutes, and says, "This sucks ass."

Even little kids, who before had no concept of 'ass' or 'sucking ass' are forced into mastering these adages into order to summarize the letdown feeling they experience.

I lucked out because I played with a friends when I was young. The five minutes is very accurate and I forwent having to get one of my own and have it clutter up my closet for years. I feel very fortunate.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Behold!

I finally tracked down this piece of shit. (Meaning I tracked down what it was, not bought the piece of shit.) They used to have a ton of them in the KB where I lived (remember KB?). One of my friends and I would go in every few days, looking for toys, and see them rotting on the shelves. They had two action features--an excessively stiff kick of the right leg if you pushed one button on the back, and, if you pushed the other button, the left arm executed a rather limp... I suppose it was supposed to be a clumsy uppercut. Thing is, you can see how that left arm is bent and positioned in the "Try Me" packaging. Hit the button repeatedly, and Batman totally wacks off. This provided endless hours of fun in the store, but never enough to buy the ever-cheapening piece of shit.

I am quite surprised that this never became a meme in a world where people love to find inappropriate action features in toys.

And I was reminded of it today when I saw the upcoming "Stormtrooper With Action Crotch!"
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

It looks like that crazy scientist from South Park spliced Batman and Ironman's DNA.

I'm not touching that Stormtrooper's cod piece. I don't care nor do I want to know what the action feature is.